Friday 13 June 2014

♡ SUMMER ESSENTIALS ♡ Fashion and Beauty

Summer is one of my favourite seasons, one thing about it is the weather. It's usually always sunny and it stays light until late in the evening too. It also means that when summer is on it's away, school should be over very soon.
I also love the clothes that the shops bring out this time of year; they're really bright and colourful which makes me feel really happy.
So, these are my fashion and beauty summer essentials.

Enjoy! Lots of Love.


My first essentials would be a good pair of shoes/sandals and a nice hat or hair accessory; by that I mean something like a floral crown or headscarf. Those are more for complementing a outfit, but a sun hat or regular hat is perfect for the summer time as it looks good and will protect your face and hair from the sun - having a burnt face isn't a good look in my opinion.

Usually in the summer, I'll be going on holiday or doing a lot of walking, so a good pair of shoes is essential. These JuJu jellies from ASOS are bigger than ever this year, they don't make your feet sweat and they're really comfortable. I also like how they're a bright colour rather than your usual brown or black sandal.



A few products that are essential to me in the summer time; firstly is some sort of curly hair product. Curls can be more difficult to maintain in the summer because of the heat and if you visit the beach or pool quite alot. You're hair can begin to look quite damaged; so if I want to achieve the 'sea beach' hair look, I'll use this Garnier Texturising Gum which is based for curly hair and gives you that 'beach surfer' hair which looks really natural and is easy to achieve if your hair is wet or dry.
A beauty product I tend to use a lot more in the summer is a cream blusher. This is a peach and pink duo by Topshop and I love it! Cream blushes maintain alot more in the heat and the colours look really fresh. I don't wear a lot of makeup in the summer anyway, but if I'm going somewhere all day or if I'm going out after a day at the beach, this is a great multi-purpose product. You can apply it with your fingers because it's easy to blend and the colours come up on the skin really pigmented.
The 3 products to the right are absolute life savers, especially for pale skin like mine. The first being sun cream. I think every body tone and skin colour should use sun cream no matter what. I'm not a fan of sun cream, I hate the smell and the stickiness it has but I know it'll protect my skin, and they're many more formulas for people to try like sprays and oils. I use factor 30 as I'm guaranteed a tan and my skin to be protected.
If unfortunately I do burn, I'll use after sun or this 'after burn'. It's amazing if you burn easily or if you have really pale skin. It's a cooling gel that you can put on your skin and it cools and reduces the redness rapidly. It's available from Boots or on line, and it works a lot faster than usual after sun.
I also like to top up my tan by using a gradual one. I mix this in to my moisturiser to gradually give me a stronger glow and tan. This one is by No7 and I would also recommend this for pale skin as it looks really natural.



As I said before, one of the best things about summer is going on holiday! I'm going to Crete this year, and my next two essentials would be a pair of good sunglasses and a cute bikini. I also have a cute polka dot swim suit which looks really cute also.
My sunglasses shown are from TX Maxx and I bought them there because they're discounted and I'm guaranteed they'll be UV protected. There's no point buying sunglasses if they don't contain UV otherwise they won't protect your eyes.
My bikini is from Motel Rocks, and I love it because of the 'bralet' style and the high waisted bottoms. I've noticed a lot of people have been buying the Triangl bikini's but they're not my cup of tea. I prefer the vintage style. I originally bought this from ASOS, and they do some great bikini sets.
I love seeing different shapes and sizes on the beach, I think it's great that lots of women want to embrace their bodies.

 

My final summer essential would be a pair of high waisted denim shorts. They sell these everywhere; from car boot sales, vintage and charity shops. The top pair are from Oxfam and the bottom I bought from Camden in London. I think shorts go with everything, and I like getting my legs out in the summer so they'll tan. I love the shape of high waisted things and they're so many variations of shorts out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment